What are Veneers?
Veneers are the most viable solution to help you achieve the smile you have desired. Veneers are the best solution for a chipped tooth, a gap between teeth, or misshaped teeth.
Dental veneers are the most straightforward option if you are looking to improve your smile. These are thin layer type covering, which you can place over your tooth’s front, and they will look completely natural. Using veneers, you can correct several dental cosmetic issues.
- stained teeth
- broken, chipped, or worn teeth
- crooked or misshapen teeth
- teeth with large gaps between them
Veneers come in 2 different makes, porcelain or composite resin material. Our dentists at Smiles on Greatwood Dentistry will help you choose the best option. Remember, every veneer has its benefits.
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shell-like coverings. Some of its benefits are:
- these are strong and long-lasting
- doesn’t stain very easily
Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are made from the tooth-colored filling material and are bonded to the tooth. Some of its benefits are:
- less enamel will be removed from the existing teeth
- can be fixed in lesser dental visits
- cost relatively less compared to porcelain veneers
- easily repairable and replaceable if damaged
What to do Before you get your Veneers Fixed?
- Make sure your teeth and gums are healthy. Your dentist will have to treat any dental diseases before installing the veneers.
- If you are always clenching or grinding your teeth, your veneers may chip or break.
- In case the veneers get loose, you will have to get new ones fixed.
- Before you start your treatment, discuss all your expectations and treatment options with your dentist.
- Remember that once the process of fixing veneers has started, the process cannot be reversed.
What to do After you get Veneers Fixed?
- Don’t bite on your fingernails, hard objects, pencils, or ice. Your Veneers can chip.
- It will take you a couple of days to get comfortable with your new veneers.
- Regularly brush your teeth and keep your clean by brushing.
How Long do Veneers Last? And How to Make them Last?
As much as you would love you, you cannot do much about veneers’ lifespan. That is because your veneers are not meant to be a one-time fixed. You can get back your money’s worth by ensuring you take care of them properly so they can last long.
- You must follow good oral hygiene practices. Often clean your mouth to avoid stains and retain your teeth’s health. It is recommended you brush at least twice a day. It would help if you also flossed regularly.
- Make sure you visit the dentist regularly.
- Any strong impact on your face can result in chipping or cracking of veneers, so wear oral protection when you need it.
- Never use your teeth as an opening tool. Nots, bottle caps, etc. These can very quickly let bacteria come in your mouth and chip the teeth or veneer.
- If you are bruxism, meaning someone who grinds or clenches your teeth when you sleep, make sure to speak to your dentist about it. Without a proper nighttime mouth guard, you have a higher chance of damaging your veneers.
Veneers can help you achieve the smile you have been craving, but it comes with a responsibility to take care of your oral hygiene. To learn more about how your veneers could last long, book an appointment with one of our dentists now. Call Smiles On Greatwood Dentistry at 281-937-7530 .