To insert the appliance:
- Brush your teeth, floss and rinse with mouthwash.
- To soften the appliance, submerge it in hot tap water. This will make it easier to place the appliance on your teeth.
- Use the forefinger and thumb of both hands to guide the appliance into place over your teeth.
- Gently close your teeth together to insure the appliance is fully seated.
Removal of the appliance:
- Use the forefinger and thumb of both hands to grasp the appliance.
- Use equal pull on both sides of the appliance from your teeth.
Cleaning and storage of the appliance:
- Brush the appliance under cold tap water with a soft brush and mild soap.
- Place the appliance in the container provided by our office with water or Listerine.
- Store safely from pets.
Contact our office:
- If changes in your symptoms occur.
- If changes in the appearance of your mouth, gums, or appliance
- It takes 2 to 3 weeks for you to get comfortable with the appliance. If you need adjustments contact our office.