- Brush and floss your teeth before inserting tray. Remove the syringe cap and insert an application tip by twisting it securely onto the syringe.
- Place a small drop of gel into the compartment of the tray from bicuspid to bicuspid.
- Place the tray, with the gel on your teeth.
- Wipe away excess gel in mouth with a tissue or dry soft brush. (Do not overfill bleaching tray with gel). Keep the trays in your mouth for 45 min 1x per day, unless otherwise directed by the doctor.
- After treatment, remove tray. Rinse tray and mouth with warm water. Brush your teeth.
- Repeat the procedure daily for the first week. If your teeth and gums are sensitive from treatment, repeat procedure every other day. Stop treatment when your teeth have reached the desired shade.Store away the remaining whitening gel until after your next dental visit.
For effective results:
- Use whitening gel at room temperature.
- Do not drink, eat or smoke during treatment.
- Colored foods or drinks should be avoided for at least 48 hours after treatment period or consumed in moderation.
- Wait at least 2 hours after treatment to smoke.
- You may experience mild sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks.This usually passes within 2 days. If sensitivity is severe or persists, contact our office.
- Repeated treatments are recommended every 6-12 months to retain color.
- Existing, crowns, fillings etc. will not whiten. These may need to be changed in order to match your new smile.
- To be used under the supervision of a dentist.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Pregnant or lactating women or children under 14 years old should not use whitening.
- Patients with history of chemical allergies are advised to carry out allergy testing by specialist before using whitening products.
- Store in a cool and dark place.