What is an Invisalign Tray?
Let’s call them the invisible braces. It’s an efficient alternative to the traditional braces we all know, a discreet way to straighten your teeth. To have an effective outcome, you should know how to clean your Invisalign Tray properly.
How Often Should You Clean an Invisalign Tray?
For complete oral health, it’s essential to keep your Invisalign tray clean and safe from damage. Ideally, you can clean your Invisalign tray every time you remove it for having a meal and when you’re brushing your teeth.
How to Clean Invisalign Trays?
There are several ways to clean an Invisalign tray. Some methods are mentioned below:
- Clean your Invisalign tray using a cleaning kit for the Invisalign system. Make sure to follow all instructions as provided on the packaging.
- You can also use a retainer-cleaning product. There are several in the market, which will also give your teeth a whitening smile. These products remove fog and white buildup on your Invisalign Tray.
- Another way is to brush your Invisalign Tray is by using a soft or baby toothbrush to reach all the tray areas. Use it with cold water and soap.
- A household product, vinegar, is an excellent way to clean your Invisalign Tray. Mix one-fourth of vinegar with three-fourths of warm water and soak your Invisalign Tray for 15 to 30 minutes. After, gently brush it using a soft brush and wash it with warm water.
Remember to rinse your Invisalign Tray every time you remove it from your mouth.
This will help protect it from outside contamination. In addition, keep Invisalign in a case when not in use to avoid losing them.
Here are some Don’ts:
- It would be best if you did not use denture cleansers.
- Never brush your teeth while wearing your Invisalign tray.
- Do not use any type of abrasive cleaner.
- Do not soak your Invisalign tray in a mouthwash that contains any alcohol.