- If you had anesthetic avoid eating until the numbness has worn off.
- Be careful with your temporary crown or bridge. Avoid eating chewy or hard foods on that side of the mouth.
- Brush as usual, but do not floss where the temporary crown is.
- If the temporary crown becomes displaced or feels uncomfortable, please call us so that we may see you as soon as possible.
- Do not attempt to place the temporary crown back in yourself. Please call us immediately to evaluate the condition.
- Some cold sensitivity and tenderness around the gum is normal for the first few days.
How to Care for Your Permanent Crowns and Bridges:
- After your crown or bridge has been cemented you may experience some sensitivity to cold as the tooth may be slightly irritated by the cement. We recommend the use the sensitivity toothpaste such as Pronamel by Sensodyne or Crest for sensitive teeth.
After a couple of days if your bite doesn’t feel normal, please call our office for an adjustment.
- Crowns and bridges are still susceptible to decay near the gum-line the same as a natural tooth. To protect your crown or bridge maintain excellent oral hygiene. Normal brushing and flossing is a MUST
- Fixed bridges require cleaning under the pontic (missing tooth). Since this false tooth is connected to the adjacent teeth a bridge floss threader should be used to remove plaque.
- Avoid chewing ice. The extreme temperature change greatly increases the fracture of your crown or bridge as well as natural teeth. Although most crowns are very strong and color stable they still have the potential to fracture the same as a natural tooth.
Submit your review
Very friendly, good at explaining everything
The staff were very friendly to me. The doctor was direct and can easily point out the flaws with my teeth. I am glad to find a dentist who is reasonable and would find ways to improve my teeth.
Had a great experience, doctor was informative and made sure i was comfortable! The staff was very welcoming like family! I am happy with the dental work done and look forward to coming back! Thanks everyone!
Dr. Akbar and his staff were all very friendly and welcoming. I had not been to a dentist for quite some time and had several issues. Dr. Akbar diagnosed the issues and worked out a plan to correct them. I am very happy with my experience and looking forward to having a healthy set of teeth.