Richmond is a city in Fort Bend County and it is located within the Houston, Sugar Land and The Woodlands Metropolitan area. Most of the city is situated on the southwest side of the Brazos River, with a small portion on the northeast side, connected by US Highway 90A. Richmond is bordered to the southwest by the city of Rosenberg. US 90A leads east 8 miles to Sugar Land and west through Rosenberg 19 miles to East Bernard. Downtown Houston is 30 miles to the northeast.
Richmond is an extremely ethnically-diverse city that brings a great selection of cultures together, from Hispanic or Latino origin to African –American, Irish, German, Scottish, and Czech…etc.
Richmond has a few nice communities that offer quiet, family- oriented and affordable and comfortable living for its residents. Some of these Communities are: Long Meadow Farms, Waterside, Pecan Grove, Harvest Green, Lakes of Bella Terra, Grand Mission, Lakemont, Old Orchard, Lost Creek, Mission Sierra…etc.
Richmond residents enjoy a number of outdoor recreation centers, including Fort Bend Country Club, and Pecan Grove Plantation Country Club, Richmond City Park, George Park, and Clay Park offer walking trails, sports facilities, and picnic and playground areas. Richmond residents have easy access to many retail and shopping, museums and entertainment.
SHOPPING AND RETAIL
- Sam’s Club
- First Colony Mall
- Katy Mills Mall
- Ninja Japanese Cuisine
- The Swinging Door
- Lomonte’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
- Sandy McGee’s
- Pier 36 Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar
(Fort Bend Independent School District)
- Jane Long Elementary School at 907 Main St.
- T L Pink Elementary School at 1001 Collins Rd.
- Deaf Smith Elementary School at 2014 Lamar Dr.
- Joe Hubenak Elementary School at 11344 Rancho Bella Pkwy.
- Juan Seguin Elementary School at 7817 Grand Mission Blvd.
- Manford Williams Elementary School at 5111 FM 762 Rd.
- Meyer Elementary School at 1930 J Meyer Rd.
- Oakland Elementary School at 4455 Waterside Estates Dr.
- Pecan Grove Elementary School at 3330 Old S Dr.
- Stephen F Austin Elementary School at 1630 Pitts Rd. (2006 National Blue Ribbon School)
- Barbara Jordan Elementary School at 17800 W Oaks Village Dr.
- Cora Thomas Elementary School at 6822 Irby Cobb Blvd.
- Frost Elementary School at 3306 Skinner Ln.
- H F McNeill Elementary School at 7300 S Mason Rd.
- Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School at 3602 Williams Way Blvd.
- Wessendorff Middle School at 5201 Mustang Ave.
- Lamar Junior High School at 4814 Mustang Ave.
- Reading Junior High School at 8101 FM 762 Rd.
- Briscoe Junior High School at 4300 FM 723 Rd.
- David Crockett Middle School at 19001 Beechnut St.
- James Bowie Middle School at 700 Plantation Dr.
- Lamar Consolidated High School at 4606 Mustang Ave.
- George Ranch High School at 8181 FM 762 Rd.
- Foster High School at 4400 FM 723 Rd.
- Travis High School at 11111 Harlem Rd.
- George Bush High School at 6707 FM 1464.
- Constellation Field
- George Ranch Historical Park
- Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land
- Smart Financial Centre
- Red Queen’s Attic Antiques Gifts & Collectibles
- Rosenberg Railroad Museum
- Sugar Land Memorial Park
- Fort Bend Museum
- Cast Theatrical Company Inc.
- Braman Winery & Brewery
- Black Cowboy Museum
- Vogelsang Antique Emporium
- Artistic Endeavors
- Brazos Town Center
- Fort Bend Art Center
- Brazos River Park
21000 Southwest Fwy.
Richmond, TX 77469
27043 Fm 1093 Rd.
Richmond, TX 77406
502 S 5th St.
Richmond, TX 77469
Pilgrim Journey Baptist Church
2022 Williams Way Blvd
Richmond, TX 77469
Church of Living Waters
4808 Airport Ave
Rosenberg, TX 77471
George Memorial Library
1001 Golfview Dr, Richmond, TX 77469
Fort Bend County Law Library
1422 Eugene Heimann Cir, Richmond, TX 77469
Submit your review