Have you ever thought if it’s the right time to throw away that toothbrush of yours? It depends on how you use it, your health, and your preferences. It would be best if you ideally replace your toothbrush approximately every three to four months.
If you think that how you would know the time is right, the best way to figure it out is to remember when you got the last one and if you cannot, then the time is right. Some other factors you can decide on are:
- If you are feeling better after a terrible sickness.
- If you store all the toothbrushes next to one another.
- If the bristles of your toothbrush are frayed.
Some Styles To Choose From:
Now that you have decided that it is time to get a new toothbrush, you need to figure out the type of brush you will be buying. The most common types of brush are a manual toothbrush or an electric toothbrush. But how do you decide which one is right for you?
- Manual Toothbrush: It is the most commonly used toothbrush which you probably are using since childhood. It is easy to use, portable and handy. It does not vibrate or make any noise when in operation. And it gives you full control over the fact that how much pressure you want to apply to your teeth and gums.
- Electric Toothbrush: An electric toothbrush is a very commonly used toothbrush nowadays. It will require you to charge the brush before you use it, and you will have to take the charger with you when you travel. But the most significant benefit of it is that due to the bristles’ rotating movement, cleaning your teeth and between gum lines become much easier.
Ways To Keep Your Toothbrush Clean
No matter whichever toothbrush you purchase, make sure you rinse it with clean water after using it and always store your toothbrush in a vertical position. The bristles should be upright so they can properly dry.
Our dentists know how important your oral health is; hence, proper use of a toothbrush is crucial. To learn more about toothbrushes, reach out to Smiles on Greatwood Dentistry, and our team of dentists will assist you. Call us now at 281-937-7530 to book a consultation.